Frank Wiles believes technology should make our lives easier, not more complicated. He started Revolution Systems to help businesses take full advantage of all the benefits of the Open Source Software revolution. His experience has made him the go-to source for building applications, systems, and processes that show how software can be easy, robust and affordable.
Some highlights of Frank's career:
- Co-authored the book Instant Perl Modules
Has published several articles in places like SysAdmin Magazine, www.perl.com, Linux Pro Magazine, and various other publications, on topics such as systems administration, mail filtering with milter, mod_perl 2.0, and large scale E-mail and Web systems.
- Frank has spoken on different aspects of Open Source technology at OSCON, DjangoCon, Linux User Groups, ACM Chapter meetings, the CableLabs Small Market Conference, and the 5th Annual Southern California Linux Expo in 2007. View Frank's technical talks.
- 12+ years of enterprise level experience with Linux, Perl, Apache, Sendmail, PostgreSQL, DNS and many other Open Source technologies.
- Was honored to be invited to ORD Camp which was an amazing learning experience.
- Was invited to put together a top notch team of Perl developers for the 2007 Plat_forms Web framework contest help in Germany.
- Current maintainer of the Apache::DB, Apache::DProf, and Apache::SmallProf CPAN modules for debugging and profiling mod_perl applications. He is also the author of ModPerl::ParamBuilder which makes building custom Apache configuration directives easy.
- RHCE and LPI Level II certified.