Browser Based Application Development
What are browser based applications?
Traditional applications are what you are used to using. They are the GUI based apps that run locally on your PC. Maybe they interact with a central server in some capacity, but most of the processing is done on your local machine. You have to install it on your system, upgrade it, if it breaks someone has work on it at your PC, etc. Browser based applications are a new way of distributing and using software.
Some examples of browser based applications that you may be familiar with
- Web based E-mail system such as Yahoo, GMail, etc.
- Blog software that you update from your browser
- Many corporate Intranets have searchable company phone lists, shared calendars, etc.
As the Web has matured and browsers have built better support for the generally accepted web standards, browser based apps have become more viable. They offer several advantages over more traditional software.
Advantages of browser based apps
- No install or upgrades — No software to install on each user's PC for new user and/or upgrades.
- Availability — The software is available from anywhere on the Internet.
- Security — We use strong SSL encryption on our applications, the same security used for online credit card purchases.
- Platform independent — It doesn't matter if you run Windows 2000, XP, Mac OS, Linux, etc. they all just work.
- Reduced Cost — Because they are not supporting several different platforms the applications are written more quickly and with less errors due to platform specific problems.
- Ease of maintenance — Single point of management for the entire application.
- Hosting — We can host your application on our servers which completely removes the need for your on site staff to maintain the systems. Or if you prefer we can install the software on your own servers.
- Simple to use — If you employees can browse the web, they can quickly learn the software.
The Revolution Systems' staff has been building web based applications for many years and have the experience to know what works and what does not. We are not easily swayed by technology fads and always use tried solutions that we have witnessed work in the past.
Business advantages of customized applications
While the technological advantages of browser based apps are very appealing to the CIOs, CTO, and IT Managers of the world, what are the business advantages? To put it simply instead of having employees manage all of your crucial business data on random spreadsheets, documents, and in various E-mails they can use a system that is built to your exact needs, no more, no less.
A custom application can easily reduce employee errors, safeguard your data with secure remote backups, provide automated processing, and help keep your business flowing more smoothly.
Contact us to discuss how a custom browser based application can benefit your business.